Sunday, December 6, 2015

Saturday Sights, Sunday Slow Down

It's the first morning I've been able to sit for any length of time in without needing to get up and going before I'm late. So I'm sitting in the slightly dark living room and pecking away on my phone as I listen to the morning sounds of the house and from outside.

The heat is humming,  going full force to combat the cold that has finally came.  I can still hear a few starlings outside chirping that they never expected this weather was coming.  The guy who raises cows from down and across the road must be out working.  I can hear the barks of his cattle hand side kick.

No deep thoughts to fill my head today.  It's nice.  Don't feel much like thinking.  I just want to sit and let the quiet wrap round me like guaze, to muffle and mute the worries of the world.  To bind up the gears of that big wheel that keeps the world a spinnin' even when we keep hollering that we want to get off.

It's Sunday, slow down day. It's that between morning time when everything has stilled a bit and we have awoken with a slight amnesia of all that has and may go wrong.  Our heads are still embracing the notion that it's okay not to worry for a bit, that for a moment in this bubble we've chosen to ignore the news and cries from all corners.  We can step outside ourselves and still be connected without feeling selfish in our need for autonomy.  That us taking one quiet calm thought won't have it all crashing down around us.

For these few minutes at least I choose to believe my best is enough.  My good intentions do count despite the fumbling I do to get where I'm going.  That everything is going to turn out okay and having faith will get me through.

Good morning.  I hope your day is calm and happy.  I'll leave you with a few of my Saturday Sights that might help lead you to your own calm conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment