Friday, April 8, 2016

Feeling Sorry For Myself With Jacque Cousteau

I'm sick.  Again. 
Literally, almost exactly a month,  (I'm measuring it with days between board meetings) since my last crazy cold and the great passing out episode of 2016.

It's a cold again and this time I've passed it on to Dennis.  I'm saying a little silent prayer over and over again in the background of my brain,  like a monks mantra, that the girls don't get it too.

Sneezing, coughing, sniffling,  water logged,  body aching cold.  Dennis is the same as he holds his end of the couch down on my right. It hit fast like the last time which reminded me of the flu but it wasn't the flu then and I am able to move from the couch so I think that's a good sign. 

I seem to feel good enough to feel sorry for myself.  I know this because Jacque Cousteau, the great french under water documentarian, is narrating my thought process.  Thick, slowly spoken, male accent implied here, "day two of zis struggle,  hope is not completely lost but spirits are low because Amy cannot even taste zi coffee and her kleenex don't have lotion in them."

Don't worry,  all the narration is in my head.  I don't want to scar my children with the notion of just how crazy their mom truly is. They have suspicion but I think I should wait until the teen years to really unleash it so I'll have a little leverage over teen angst.

Ugh. Mostly I just want to sit here and groan. That and I want something to be on TV to take my mind off myself.  I also want to taste my coffee and I want pie, lots of kinds and I want to be able to taste those too.

I also want a pair of piglet pajamas like Gabs got her new bear, Butter Cup, that she made at the Build A Bear store the other day.  Pre-cold, spring break road trip. I'm including a picture.  Seriously,  they are so soft, like baby but soft.  

Okay so my brain is straying now and I can't concentrate.  Tori has taken over the TV and we're being held hostage in our weakened state, french accent here, "zi struggle is real,  the tween child has taken the upper hand and stolen the remote. Too tired to protest zi father and Amy must watch The Voice,  with guest host Miley Cyrus.  In their sickness they sing along and begin to forget the days of twerking past. "

No comments:

Post a Comment