Saturday, May 14, 2016

Pause

It's the first day in a long while that I've had a moment to myself in the morning to sit and write. The first day I've slept past 6:30 in awhile too.

Spinning wheel,  spinning wheel has us all caught up again in the day to day working of life.  Jobs and school taking over and making it hard to catch a break to actually live in a moment and not worry about the next one.

For right now at least the house is quiet, the rooms are still held inside the weak glow of light from outside and I'm making no attempt to wake anyone with the false light of a bulb. The wind has picked up outside and it feels a little like even God is trying to rock us all into a deep sleep.

I know before long I'll need to make breakfast and that laundry needs doing but for right now at least the world has been halted.  I am left to wonder again, "How much of this rush is of our own making? Why do we ever want to hurry out of this place? " For right now at least I will not move.  I will just stay and be happy with all that I have to give pause to.

No comments:

Post a Comment