Monday, February 1, 2016

Sticking To It

The weekend was tiresome.  Fun but tiresome.  Gabs birthday was preceded by a lot of cleaning up the house and we even got our driveway re-gravelled, which is great but we had a little spreading and filling in of some holes to do so it ended up being a little more work.  Needless to say I was once again reminded that I am out of shape.

It's nice going into the new week with the house cleaned up and somewhat organized. Now if I can just stick to it.  We're jumping back in with Dennis having a night meeting tonight but for once I think that's the only one this week.  I hope we can stay on a bit of a routine.  Have dinner together at the table, keep the dishes done,  clothes hung up, finish homework and projects. At some point we have to build a family made miniature rolling float featuring the Boston Tea Party,  Paul Revere or something during the same historical time period.  That and a storybook character themed valentine box.

In addition to that we still have work stuff,  bee keeping presentations,  fast approaching conferences,  yearly audits, employee reviews to conduct,  budgets to plan,  community meetings to coordinate.  Classes start back soon too. I hope going into what is already the second month of the new year with a bit more order in the house will keep order in my head. Funny how order outside helps me keep order inside.  I'm sure some psychologist somewhere would have a field day with that statement.  Oh well,  I suppose admitting my control issues I'd the first step to....well I have no desire to fix that one,  I mean I don't want to give up the clean house thing,  I feel powerful,  I feel infinite....well maybe I should look at this a bit.  Balance is good.  Anyhow too much thinking for a Monday and not even a whole cup of coffee yet. Time to get going.  Happy February.

No comments:

Post a Comment