Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rush

I don't talk much about work stuff.  I kind of feel like I should keep my two world's separate,  at least in the land of the Internet. With my lapses in writing of late I think some touching base is necessary by way of excuse if nothing else.

Right now is my end of year wrap up time.  Libraries in Kentucky run on a fiscal year of July 1 to June 31. Beyond end of year reporting it's also our busiest time of year with summer reading in June and July.

Right now I have a lot going on.  We're in the process of creating our long range plan for the next 3 to 5 years,  our annual audit begins in a few weeks,  the budget for our new year is being created so it can be approved before the beginning of our year in July,  I am doing employee reviews for the year, I'm wrapping up projects for the online class I'm taking and word just came down that grants for building projects may be approved through the state budget and our library will need to have all our ducks in a row by around may if we want to apply. 

So yeah I'm making excuses for my brain fog of late and lapses in writing.  Mostly I've wanted to sit and not think about anything but the bottom of my coffee cup in the morning.  Just a few months more though then hopefully things won't all be falling at one time work wise and I can get back to a little balance between work and home.

Sorry for the list of stressors, I'm thinking if I list them all I can put everything in perspective and start feeling like I can tick them off the list as I get them finished.  Light at the end of the tunnel you know lol!

All that said Easter is this weekend.  My Saturday to work fell this time so I need to plan for what I'm going to take to our three different stops on the relative dinner and lunch train a little early. Two on Sunday are in the afternoon so no doubt pie is in order.  I can make those day of.  Saturday though,  I'm not sure of.  Possibly cake? Everyone seemed to enjoy the lemon blueberry at Tori's birthday party. I could of course break tradition and go the savory route. Silly as it seems though,  sweet making is my form of stress relief....Thus all the weight I've gained over the past few months!

Perhaps I need to learn to love making salads? I do like salad. Hmmm, probably won't happen.  Either way dessert decisions will need to wait.  School and work are calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment