Friday, March 18, 2016

Time Change and Stubbed Toes

For the second day in a row I've woken up on my own at 4:30 a.m. Before the time change my insomniac wake up call came at 3:30 a.m.  so I suppose my internal alarm clock is working fine,  just not adjusted to the new time schedule.
Today I awoke,  realized that the heat had been turned off and that the temperature was dropping.  So up I am.  Turning on the heat, recovering blankets for Tori "the tornado sleeper", who fluctuates between sleeping with her legs crossed, hanging off the edge of the bed, kicking off blankets,  to somehow (magically) managing to have not only her blankets,  all three, but to reach across the small gap between her bed, that's cateycorner to Gabs bed, and steal Gabs blankets as well. 

Tangent: (That was an interesting wake up call.  Poor Gabs came into my room last week to tell me that she was cold because Tori had used her feet to steal her blankets and wouldn't give them back. Tori in turn truly didn't want to relinquish any of the  five blankets she'd gathered.  She's an argumentative sleeper as well.  I finally wrestled Gabs blankets away from her, only after making her pretty mad, getting both awake, both needing drinks and Tori waking up enough to start laughing and wondering how she stole blankets with her feet off Gabs bed.)

Today though all blankets were in the floor and she slept on through the dropping temperature.  Crazy how different kids can be.  Asleep as well as awake.

Gabs won't move all night usually and unless Tori steals them her blankets remain cocooned around her like a head to toe burrito as she clutches three stuffed animals, a pig, a puppy and a bird (each in specific order and under her chin). I'll note that the pig is actually a fleecey zipper pouch and zipped inside you will find a stuffed ear of corn, named aptly "Corney" and a tiny, 2 inch tall baby pig.

Anyhow, somehow I managed to stub my toe on the makeup case that Tori stored at the end of Gabs bed. So alas here I sit, throbbing toe, 5 a.m. with a purple band aid because it happened to be the toe that got the blister on it from playing kick ball with the girls the other night.  I was waiting for the pain to subdue a bit so I can try to sleep for the last forty five minutes before the alarm clock goes off. So I decided to sit down and peck out my gripes in the dark. I think I've worked through the anguish lol. I'm going back to sleep for a minute and will hopefully finish up this in the morning/in less than an hour...Mom brain and sleep habits 😂

6:45 a.m.
Of course I overslept, despite the alarm clock.  Saturday....Saturday I will write....and sleep, Saturday I will sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment