Thursday, June 30, 2016

Peachy Keene And Niceness

So the Japanese Beetles were beat down (I unabashedly am not at all sorry for their demise). The peaches were saved by the mighty horticulturist who lives with me.  I may get to make a fresh peach pie this year after several years of waiting for the fruit trees to come into their own.  And apple pie. And maybe even a pear tart! All about the pie you know?!

Something funny about the last picture I posted online.   Not even a great photo on a technical level but it definitely struck a cord with people.  Just a picture of the soda fountain stools at Adams Pharmacy. Yet simple or not it got shared and shared. 

A little extra thought to add for this. How great is it that so many like this? So many shared, so many viewed it and have such nice things to say. I love that. Adams has given everyone such simple warm pleasures and memories to share. My own girls love to go there and always say the same thing each visit, "I think I got extra cherry syrup in my coke!" Just a funny little thing that they look forward to. I think we need more of that. More time to slow down and enjoy those simple things. More time to sit on a stool at the soda fountain. And most definitely we need to share more niceness and thank yous to those like Adams for giving them to us. Thanks to you all for sharing your happiness. I hope everyone shares something else nice today too!

  #makesmesmile

#sodafountain

#lovesmalltowns

#lebanonkentucky

#VisitMarionCountyKentuc


covertchickenfarm.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment