Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!

I love the Halloween season! I love playing dress up.  As a kid I can only remember ever having one store bought costume. That was Strawberry Shortcake.  It had one of the hard plastic masks with two tiny nostril holes and a just as tiny mouth hole. Suffocating really.  But it had a plastic printed pinafore type apron that I was in love with.  In fact that apron only just got thrown away because it finally succumbed to too much wear and tear because Gabs had found it from where I had it put up and had started to wear it when she played. I suppose it should have made me sad but actually I thought it was pretty cool that a costume from the eighties was getting a second life.  I much prefer old school Strawberry to the new one too.
Like I said that's the only store bought costume I remember.  Otherwise I usually made up whatever I was and what my poor younger brother was.  One year we were both old ladies with warts, curlers and blue eye shadow.  I have a photo somewhere of that. Poor kid! I've moved on to the girls now lol!
I still love to dress up myself too. These pictures are from the past few years.  Not sure what I'm/we're doing this year.  What about you?  Do you like dress up?  What's your favorite costume?
#wickedlovelieschallenge
#HalloweenIsComing
#dressup
#Amuck!Amuck!Amuck!
#covertchickenfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment