Friday, January 8, 2016

Alas my mornings keep rushing by. No time for words or quiet contemplation,  just "Hurry up girls! We're going to be late!"

Never thought that my resolution to write each morning would be as hard to keep as exercising especially since I enjoy the writing much more than exercise. It all boils down to time vs. a need for sleep. The luxury to sit quietly alone is a pricey commodity.

That's my one big complaint, not enough time to enjoy a moment before having to jump to the next.  I suppose the fact that I have time to think about that in itself means I have much more than others have who can't even catch a breath or pause to think about it.

I think too that much of my rushing is my own making, also very related to "stuff". The constant sorting and shifting of stuff consumes my free time. I have been realizing that I am going to have to simply sort some things out the door if I want to finally be able to enjoy the really important things.

That's easier said than done though when two people come together who tend to save everything and know that either through art, gardening or otherwise there's a good chance we'll "need" that later. Then there's the fact that we have raised two similar minded kids, especially Gabs who tends to keep everything down to broken crayons.  I think we could enjoy creating in our favorite mediums much more if we pared our tools down to the most useful and important. 

Once again I can maybe see some draw to the Amish/Shaker way of life.  Simple home equals simplified mind. Well maybe uncluttered mind. Either way the extra breathing room and or room to think would be wonderful.

So I think I have talked myself into realizing that if I really want more free time I'm going to have to do the work to find it. Clutter, while not alone,  is one of the culprits in stealing my time.  I think I know what I need to start doing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment