Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Catching Up

The holidays were kind of a whirlwind.  I still have things spread about at home but time doesn't seem to stop for people to take down trees.  It also doesn't seem to stop long enough for people to sit down and peacefully write.  We jumped headlong into the new year and I think trying to get back into habits from before the school holiday has left us a bit frazzled.

With no snow at Christmas I've kind of gotten out of the mood for any type of winter weather it seems and now I just want Spring to come.  My brain is battling over wanting to hibernate and catching these weirdly off season whims to do Spring Cleaning and get organized.  I seem to go from sitting in some vegged out state on the couch to suddenly feeling the need to GET ALL THE THINGS CLEAN!  I think happy weather would help me get switched over to a better/more stable frame of mind.

Even nature is a little out of whack with all this odd weather for January.  Plants and animals don't seem know which end is up anymore than I do.  I'm worried we're going to have some sad showings on flowers come spring because of it.  The chickens are laying like gangbusters but I can't help but wonder if they too will go into a second winter laying break if indeed the weather does finally get into winter mode.

Maybe a sunlight lamp would help me?  More Vitamin D?  I think I need to try and trick my brain into believing that Snow isn't going to play peek a boo with us and hopefully it will get my head and schedule back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment