Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Waiting for Winter

What a change in tune from last year. We all seem to be waiting for Winter.  All of us wishing secretly for a snow day that would allow us the legitimate reason to be be home and warm,  sleeping late and happy while we watch the world turn white around us.

I won't lie.  I want nothing more than to crawl back in bed,  warm and safe, no worries about the rush of life still running on despite my protests.  The girls are going to be disappointed as well.  Their only solace,  summer will come on schedule,  no need to make up snow days.

But while the wind blows cold outside and the coffee fills the air in here I still can't help but dream of a simpler time when no decisions to make further than,  "what will we watch on TV today?"

Time to wake up though.  Back to the real world,  no time for fantasy. I'm just a poor girl, no one let's me have snow days, easy come,  easy go.....I want to go back to bed though. But they will not let me go,  no will not let me Gooooooo! Wait...This whole scenario sounds familiar....danged Bohemian Rhapsody.  Sigh, time to stop having my pity party. At least I have coffee.  Yes coffee.  You will always be there for me.  Even when I REALLY don't want to adult today.

Good morning.  I'll stop my griping.  Here's to coffee and us all staying safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment