Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

So it's the new year and I'm finally able to sit on the couch with my cup of Community Coffee ,  which I have to admit the commercials don't lie it's great (heavy cream and sugar don't hurt) bacon is in the oven,  sausage in a frying pan too, cooking alongside a pan of fried apples. Just put the biscuits in and Dennis is going to make gravy, which I have no shame in saying, I can make but he makes better.

We're having a New Years brunch.  We promised this to the hosts of our New Years Eve party last night, Tori and Gabs.  They had a bedroom party (see the pictures below) which consisted of chips,  dip, veggies,  Christmas candy, Gabs sharing her coveted can of popcorn and  a countdown to a YouTube video of the ball dropping around 8 pm, via the 2013 drop.

Tori is finally up. While the party only lasted around 40 minutes neither girl would go to sleep until after 11 and she,  albeit not Gabs because she was up at 8:30, is tired.  So here we are, waiting for the biscuits to brown.  Everyone in their respective little electronic caves or one just too grumpy to talk until she gets her blood sugar back up. Not too bad a start to 2016.

I won't say I have resolutions,because I think that may jinx me, but I have plans.  The usual. Get on budget,  get healthy,  get the house organized and clean,  get me organized. I also want to get in the habit of getting up earlier so I make sure I can write and maybe just maybe start doing some sort of exercise.  Right now my brain is all into this more because of the unusual decent weather than the fact that it's the first day of the year.  My vitamin D is up and so far the seasonal affective disorder doesn't seem too bad. One good side effect of global warming I guess.

So good morning 2016. I'm still a neurotic mess but I'm a mess with a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment