Friday, August 19, 2016

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front...

Dennis has had to get the girls every night this week. Monday was my board meeting,  Tuesday I closed at 7 to cover being short staffed, Wednesday I had to stay late to finish up interviews,  last night was late because of presenting my budget and tax rate to fiscal court and because we're starting up a new outreach program out in the county once a month.

Tori also had two afternoon physical therapy appointments and Dennis also had a night program himself.  Tuesday was really interesting with me picking up Gabs,  Dennis getting Tori,  then coming to get Gabs at the library and taking Tori back to physical therapy and then on to work with him because they could wait there until his program wrapped up.  It's been a pretty crazy week.

I've been getting home most days for us to try and juggle homework,  baths, supper and loose teeth. That's been an underlying theme. Both girls are late in losing teeth it seems.  Both have, or I suppose now I should say, had, loose teeth.

I got home from doing an evening family program a little after 6:30 to find Tori had already lost a tooth and Gabs had two barely hanging on. We spent the better part of the night trying to convince her that we needed to get them out, they really were barely in there.

We tried the,  "Tori let your Dad help, why don't you let him help you too? You're a big girl right? " To which she responded, "Tori is more sofisticasted than me." Yes I spelled that the way it was said with a heavily affected lisp due to the teeth issue. 

Finally around 9, after letting me help a little,  Dennis help a little and much dramatics, she pulled them both at once and now looks like a little old toothless lady. She thinks it's great that she often spits when she speaks. Tori seems no worse for the wear.  Her tooth gap is hidden on the side and she's much too, "sofisticasted" to worry much about it.

So now it's Friday.  One more work day for me, Dennis still has tomorrow too and we have a family thing tonight.  My whole notion of going to the fair with him has passed.  The girls and I are going to hopefully sleep late and play catch up on the insanity that the order and cleanliness of the house has taken on. Here's to the weekend,  probably going to be eating a lot of soup, or maybe scrambled eggs around here because of all those lost teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment