Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Keep On Keeping On

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2016

Keep On Keeping On

I need a little breathing room, 

I need a little space. 

I need a moment to remember

that I'm still me, not just part of the human race.

I need a little quiet,

a time to be free, 

some time to walk the hillsides,

lest I forget to see. 

There's a peaceful world around me, 

there's stillness to be found, 

even if my head is spinning

my feet are still planted, on this piece of ground. 

I know my poetry is simple,

my words sing song like a child

but I write them all the same

to keep from feeling mild.

I need these pauses of autonomy, 

if only a few a day, 

for if I don't re center I tend to lose my way.

I don't always understand it,

it isn't always sane, people don't always do what's right, and it can be a drain.

I don't always understand it,

it isn't always sane, 

people don't always do what's right, and it can be a drain.

There's beauty all around me though,

there's happiness to see,

I'll just keep on keeping on, 

I'll just keep on being me.

#humpday 

#covertchickenfarm


No comments:

Post a Comment