Monday, August 22, 2016

Name That Bean

So I learned two new things yesterday:
1. You can actually get motion sickness on a zero turn mower.
2. Soy bean pods are fuzzy...
And I guess a third thing really.
3. It takes FOREVER to shell soy beans/edamame.

Dennis is particular about the yard. Or rather his flower beds and trees. It's taken him almost three years to let help out with the mowing for fear that I would knick a tree or hit a plant.  Yesterday was the first day I'd ridden/mowed with the zero turn mower. I didn't do too bad, his words lol! I did end up with motion sickness though. Much faster ride than a regular mower.

Dennis picked some of the soy beans yesterday too and to my surprise the pods are fuzzy.  They are also slow going to shell. We got through like half a pan in almost 2 hours and that was with me, him and even Tori (a little bit) helping out. I think these are one of those things that are probably worth just buying if you want them. Granted one row ought to do us for a year.  It's just that it may take as long to shell them!

So, it's Monday again.  Beyond motion sickness I was left battling a lot of pollen too. I'm starting the new week with some pretty bad allergies. I think Dennis is just as worse for the wear ad I am though, I seem to have snored all night. The morning is much cooler today though.  Hopefully it will help me breath. Almost the end of August.  Also almost time to go. Have a great Monday.  Here's to a new week and fuzzy beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment