Sunday, August 14, 2016

Crazy Habits That Keep Us Sane

My husband thinks I'm crazy.  I seem to have formed the habit of waking early no matter what day. As I sat here pecking on my phone and skimming through the photos I just took of the sunrise I heard him waking and making his way down the hall,  "what are you doing," he asked in amusement, "you know you don't have to get up early today right?" We actually went to church last night,  so in case you're wondering we're not entirely heathens, at least this week.

Either my body or brain one betrays me though and rise I must, for a few moments at least.  I wish I felt the same about exercise.  Perhaps seeing the sunrise is good for my health too. I know it's good for my soul. If only my phone could capture the true essence the morning. Pinks don't seem to film just right.  I suppose I need a real camera but I like the convenience the phone affords me to take pictures and write. One day maybe.

I think I will go back to bed for awhile.  I'll be back up soon though.  I need to gather Gabby. She went to her very first sleep over last night.  Before this she'd only ever stayed at my Mommas house overnight.  For all their bickering of late I know Tori missed her. She kept complaining that, " I can't go to sleep in here alone, I don't have Gabs to talk to." Yet they both still beg for their own rooms,  I wonder how that's really going to pan out if and when we finally get that wish granted?

I think I'm back off to bed.  I can still hear the roosters crowing outside and I seem to have collected a few mosquito bites along with the sunrise, I'm also craving my other habit, coffee.  I don't want Dennis thinking I'm entirely crazy though, so good sleepy Sunday morning all. Here's to crazy habits that keep us sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment