Saturday, August 13, 2016

Highly Brown Biscuit

I'm moving slow this morning.  Work today. I just didn't want to move from the bed though.  I woke up at six, put the coffee on and put one lonely frozen biscuit in the oven to bake. Then I laid back down and fell asleep again.  The coffee smell and scent of the biscuit woke me.  I didn't burn it but as we like to say 'round here, "it's highly brown."

Logic tells me that I should be having eggs instead, still need to up my protein and lower my carbs, if I'm going to truly get the diet notion moving anywhere. But I woke up cold and moving slowly as I said,  a biscuit seemed to fit the mood.

Standing at the kitchen sink,  while I poured my coffee,  I could hear the crickets outside. Fall really is coming this way. Still a few weeks of summer left on the calendar but nature doesn't seem to pay much attention to numbers on a grid.

Funny enough I'm not dreading winter in quite the same way as I have over the past few years.  I'm looking forward to the slowness and longer nights for once.  I guess the summer has left me like my biscuit this morning.  Not quite burnt out but I'm definitely "highly brown. "

No comments:

Post a Comment