Sunday, July 3, 2016

Drinking In The Dark

Today, this morning,  I'm drinking in the dark.  Drinking coffee that is.

We're going through this phase with Gabs where she wakes up around 1 or 2 a.m. and won't go back to her own bed. At 1 or 2 we're too tired to argue and don't want to wake up Tori so we end up taking turns getting kicked out of bed by an eight year old and sleeping on the couch.

Last night was Dennis's turn. He went from couch,  to Gabs twin bed and back to couch. Evidently the dogs also stayed up all night and woke him up again,  thus his move.  Needless to say he's still tired and is back asleep on the couch.  Thus I'm sitting here on the other couch drinking my coffee in the dark so I don't wake him again.

We're too old for this late night stuff. I can only imagine what the teen years will be like when we're waiting for them to meet curfew. If we're this tired at 40 we'll be zombies in a few more years with no sleep. Granted both girls claim they shall never date or leave home so maybe there's nothing to worry about! I suppose if they do end up dating I'll still be up late drinking in the dark then too...just for different reasons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment