Monday, July 25, 2016

Small Victories


Sunday went fast and I'm left still tired from the weekend.  The new week is going to be a crazy one. Summer reading is wrapping up at work with our big end of Summer movie.  Lots of reports to do and submit.  Lots of juggling of the schedule because of overtime rules and trying to make sure we're covered. The girls go back to school next week and we still need to get school supplies.  Tori needs to practice opening her locker at some point.  Middle school....eek! Gabs will be in 3rd, Tori 6th and I will be forty.  Life is still just as hectic as ever, haven't seemed to magically break the code that whole work/home life balance thing I'm searching for.  Didn't lose fifty pounds yet, still have bills and stress. I don't pretend to think that a number of age will make any difference in all that. I do have a little more sense,  maybe a little more maturity and confidence.  I know that I have a lot to be thankful for despite all my worries.  I have a lot of wonderful people around me that I love and who love me. I may not be have it all figured out but I think that means the world.

On a side note,  in relation to control over things, a word about the picture.  I took a little petty control yesterday.  The Japanese Beetles were attacking the blackberries.  I decided that while they may have ruined the fruit they weren't going to get the satisfaction of having it all! So I picked what was there and gave them to the feathered girls.  Small victory but I felt vindicated lol!
#lifelessons
#gettingthere
#slowdown
#Ihatejapanesebeetles
#covertchickenfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment