Saturday, July 23, 2016

I Want To Call Recess

So for once I slept!  But for some reason when I can actually sleep through a night I can't seem to sleep past 7:20. Mind you I have been known to go back to bed after that and I can't swear that I won't, at least for a few minutes,  but for now at least I'm up and contemplating coffee.  Yes I know,  what's to contemplate?  All the same I just don't feel like making the effort this morning.  So I'm drinking diet soda instead right now.

Today's agenda includes cleaning, in some form or fashion, deciding how long I can put off getting school supplies before Tori and Gabs make a final attack and plea for a need to shop and possibly baking something.  Come to think of it that pretty much sounds like my past few weekends.

If I could throw caution and responsibility to the wind I think I might do absolutely nothing today but maybe read or watch mindless TV and movies. I also want to go on a date with my husband. 

We're at the stage of summer when the girls are bored with being home,  bored with us, bored we each other and also swinging back and forth between wanting to kill each other and reminding us that they are not children.  They have taken to telling us that they know best and we should just succeed and turn the house and bank account over to them,  minus cleaning duties and work for said bank funds of course. I know I'd be missing them after a few hours away and be feeling guilty if I knew whatever we were doing might be something they'd enjoy but I might be able to handle it for at least those few hours lol!

Yup I'm having one of those days where as bad as it sounds I want to remember I'm still Amy. You know what I mean?  Parenthood, adulthood and all those real world duties you know you can't shirk are hanging a little heavy over my head today and I want the ability to call time out for a bit. "Recess!," I'd yell if I could. 

But alas life doesn't work that way.  We are Mommas and Daddy's and such and even when little tween girls start exerting their independence we're still their Mommas and Daddy's. I can't promise I might not stick my tongue out at them a few times today though and say nanna,  nanna,  boo, boo. Just a couple times!

No comments:

Post a Comment