Friday, July 22, 2016

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

The corn and maters are ready!  I repeat the corn and maters are ready! Which is sort of like a food Christmas around here.

We'll have fresh corn and tomatoes at almost every meal while they last, until we're burnt out and then won't won't them again for several months, until the dead of winter when we will settle for tomato juice in our chili and frozen corn off the cob. Both still good of course but in February it just won't feel the same.

Needless to say you can guess what our weekend plans are. We broke down and got the freezer which came yesterday, just the same time as the corn. Dennis also got one of those food saver gadgets to seal everything in. Shame I can't hermetically seal all the furniture and stuff so I could just hose everything down and run a leaf blower over them.

Also needless to say the house is still a wreck and not likely to get better any time soon.  I keep sorting through closets and gradually making a dent by donating some of it and tossing the other.  Feels a lot like I'm just shifting piles though.  Oh well,  at least I have corn and maters to appease my frustrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment