Sunday, December 27, 2015

Brain Break

I don't seem to have much in my head today.  At least not much more than before.  Got to make pies for today's lunchtime last Christmas meal of the season.  So there's that.

Otherwise I just keep thinking that I need a brain break.  I want like a week to go walk along a beach in the heat with the sun beaming down to bake any worries out of my head.  The crazy thing is that I'm not even particularly worried about anything.  I guess I got a few days off to shirk the real world and I just want to stay in that state of mind.

I read an Anne Tyler book that was a little something like that once.  Grown woman on vacation with her family takes off down the beach and just keeps on walking. She eventually comes back but it's months later.  Don't get me wrong.  I have no desire to walk away.  I want my family right there beside me.  I think I just relish the idea of being able to have the luxury of "not having to do things". No responsibilities or bills. I could up and decide to take up scooping ice cream for a living and writing and art and everything would be just fine.  We could live on a little farm near the beach,  within walking distance of my ice cream shop job and money and time would grow on trees so we'd have plenty of everything to spare and not a care in the world.

See what happens when I get a long weekend off filled with too much sugar.  It might not be cold but maybe I'm just missing the sunshine.  We've joked before that we could be Amish if it weren't for the whole clothes and no electricity thing. I like light and don't care for dresses.  It's the slower pace that appeals. Again time.  Sigh.

Well those pies aren't going to make themselves.  Better get baking.  Till tomorrow when it's back to paperwork,  drainage issues,  building maintenance and remembering that we need more than pj's to wear in the real world.  Just so you know though I am really running my toes through sun heated sand right now...you just can't see me on my brain break lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment