Monday, December 28, 2015

Where To Begin

Have you ever had a day that you simply didn't know where to begin?  Up on time despite procrastinating with the alarm clock. I know it's a short week but it still seems like a day that will lay forever before me. Lots of things to do,  people to talk to,  situations to amend.  I know everything I have to do but my body doesn't seem to want to move.

I think yesterday I was in pre revolt against Monday interaction with the world.  I wasn't the greatest person to be around.  I knew it.  I felt a little like I was on the outside looking in at me. I saw my bad mood but just couldn't bring myself to snap out of it.  If all the world is a stage then I wasn't a very good actor.

It was funny but the whole day seemed weird.  I had to run to the store late yesterday afternoon and it seemed like the whole town was in hiding.  Maybe it was the rain,  or maybe it was people were tired from the holiday weekend.  It seemed subdued though.  Even the store, whose parking lot was full, still seemed quiet. Maybe it was just me.

I don't often go alone to the store.  With my mood I think it was good I did. I'm told I took a little too long, at least in the eyes of one child.  In reality,  minus the twelve minutes to the store and twelve back I was only there about 35-40 minutes.  Time drags for children though so I suppose that seems like forever.

As parents I don't think anyone gets much alone time.  That's if you work outside the house or stay home. Then if you do, at least for me,  I always feel a little guilty for not being there with the kids or like I'm shirking my duties when I know Dennis doesn't have any free time either. All the same I think I needed the extra ten minutes I took outside getting the stuff on my list,  looking at Christmas clearance and fitness magazines,  deciding I didn't need either.  We already have too much candy, in fact it's the candy that has me needing the magazines.  I think if I forgo the one I won't need the other so much.  Not to mention I don't need the added clutter.

My brain works in these crazy circles of rationalizations.  No wonder I'm still tired today and not wanting to move.  But alas I must.  I have yet to figure out how to rationalize just staying on the couch all day.  So, come on body,  come on brain,  time to make the doughnuts. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment