Friday, December 18, 2015

Spaghetti After Midnight

So it's 12:39 a.m. and I'm sitting on the couch eating leftover spaghetti by the glow of the t.v., listening for the dryer to stop. I'm tired but a few minutes after midnight I got hungry so here I am.

We got home late from Grannies Christmas dinner and I still needed to bake cookies for Tori, brownies for the school staff, wrap a few gifts for teachers and wash clothes because my children can't wear pajamas again,  pajama day was yesterday for them.  I must say it definitely made life easier especially in light of us over sleeping.  Wonder if they would consider implementing a weekly pajama day at school?  Yeah probably not.

There's a cheesy romance on abc family 25 days of Christmas. I must admit that I really like the 25 days of Christmas t.v. stuff.  It's all pretty much fluff but it's nice to not think.  Sitting in the semi dark with a bowl of spaghetti and mindless television is oddly peaceful.

I guess I should comment on the dinner from earlier.  My stomach was pretty much in knots the whole drive there. Remember that whole thing about half my family not speaking to each other?  I'm part of the non speakers.  I haven't seen most of them since last Christmas.  We've even unfriended each other on Facebook so it's pretty serious (Yes I realize how silly that sounded). I know I need to let go of some stuff but I kinda feel like I have so much drama of my own that I can't take on anyone else's.  Family or not. Living 45 minutes away lends itself to allowing myself to do that. So I have removed myself from it. I don't interact.  Yeah I have issues.  Probably more than People magazine.  I'm working on it though, got the self help books sitting on the kitchen table to prove it. I just need to find the time to read them.

That's my New Years thing I think.  To get my issues worked out.  I think getting my head on right will remedy a lot of things....possibly even losing a little weight.  Stress packs it on.....that and eating spaghetti after midnight!

Well I think I heard the dryer stop. Gotta get everything out before they wrinkle.  No time for ironing in the morning if I want to have coffee...and I'm going to need coffee!
_____________________
Morning, from me and my coffee.  6 a.m came fast from 1:45 a.m.  Gotta get the girls up and ready to go.  We're actually having pajama day at work to celebrate "I Can't Adult Day." We made this holiday up of course but I don't care.  I'll take it. I can't think right now,  much less adult.  So I will embrace pajamas and dream of crawling back in bed. One more day after today.  Then off Sunday.  The girls are supposed to go to my Mom's tomorrow night so we'll probably get presents wrapped.  I know you're thinking, "exciting night."  But it's the first Dennis and I have had to ourselves since the end of October and as of now we have nothing we have to do so an entire evening free to just be together,  even to just watch big people t.v. and wrap presents sounds pretty great to us.

We'll like I said I need to get the girls up.  Don't want to rush again. TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment