Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Shake, Shake

Tired this morning so a short post today.  Tori is still feeling bad from her virus that presents itself as almost flu like with a sore throat and Gabs is still itchy, either from a run in with the evil fabric softener they are both allergic to or just dry skin.  Dennis and I are just slightly work worn out from running to get everything done between work, Christmas,  getting Tori to my Mom's house yesterday,  then get both girls wrangled to bed because neither feels good and they aren't very cooperative because of it.

We have one family Christmas dinner this week.  Three kids Christmas parties. One work party. Cookies and desserts to be baked for those four and another function.  Work Saturday for me then next week another work dinner and then finally Christmas.  Still lots of presents to wrap,  some to pick up for my Daddy for Momma. And then it'll be Christmas in a blink.

I'm looking forward to our little Christmas here at our house most of all I think.  We started doing Christmas Eve Eve with just Dennis and I and the girls a couple of years ago and I love it.  We eat something like take out Mexican food,  sausage balls, dip and chips and cookies,  watch a Christmas movie and we exchange gifts between each other.  We draw names between the four of us.  The girls love shopping for someone.  It's not fancy, we stay in, sit around in pajamas and just "be". It's great. 

The girls also get to open a gift from under the tree that's from Dennis and I.   Gabs spent last night looking at the presents she has under the tree, shaking them and debating which present she'll pick to open first. I snapped a picture of her when she didn't know I was looking.  It's a little blurry but still great in my opinion. 

I have to get the girls up and ready for school so I need to wrap up here. I'll leave you with Gabby and her shaking process.  Happy Wednesday!  One week till Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment