Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Crimson (past poems and story starters)

I love the crimson colors
the shades so passion tinged
not all in red
but others still
who find a voice in the
deep felt emotion
of one in love
in pain
in joy
in anguish
in...life
I try to paint those tones
the dulcimer twang
of heart strings plucked
but my pallet
becomes comic
cartoon
for I think perhaps
I truly see
through a veil of childhood
my heart coated
by some sweet
memory
of a life that I think should have been
even if it never was
and as I grow older
I've begun to apologize less
and less
for that hope
I harbor
for I care not
if you decide that my
picture book views
disregard the possibility
that darkness is lying underneath it all
for even my darkness
at it's lowest point
can only steep to a deep
dark navy
a velvet blue that I relish
as I roll and languish in that dispair
that bottom point
that flat smack of a place
is almost always
followed by some happy note
and a rush of sweet pain
that lets me know I'm still alive

No comments:

Post a Comment