Friday, November 6, 2015

Baking and Life Flops

All too often, well let's be honest pretty much always,  I and just about everyone I know has taken to posting about life in only the best light.  We crop and paste, angle our world's to present only the most picture perfect image of who we are and what our lives are about. 

In all truth it can be a bit much to live up to, especially in light of how stressful life seems to have become. My life is anything but neat, clean and photogenic.  Maybe the real reason I...we, all perpetuate this notion of living a perfect life is so we can feel like it is at least on social media.

I've decided I'm going to make a conscious effort to not crop everything into that though.  Life is messy, my house stays a mess, my laundry needs washing, my kids fight and get sick, romance ain't alway easy, and as much as I love to bake not every creation is beautiful.  But you know what?  That's okay.

We're all doing our best and there's no need for us to keep on making each other feel like we have to live up to some ideal life. We're only forcing ourselves to not be able to enjoy the moments we have for fear that we need them to be post worthy.

So in honor of that I give you my recent failure.  Behold,  the bourbon,  bacon pecan blondie. They may not look like much but you know what?  They taste awesome even if they'll never grace the cover of a magazine. And as for all my other ups and downs,  my bad hair and bad moods, they're ok too and I'm going to start accepting and acknowledging those as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment