Monday, November 30, 2015

Oatmeal Baths With Syrup, and Growing Pains

Parenthood doesn't allow for time out.  I sincerely wish it would allow for naps though.  I've never been able to stay up late,  just ask my college roommate Karis. I was in bed by 11 at the latest no matter what. Becoming middle aged and dealing with the odd hours of being a parent hasn't helped that much.  Throw in the fact that it's dark by a little after 5 and I'm ready for bed by 7.

Yesterday's 3 a.m. bed time did not make my 6 a.m. wake up call at all good.  Today doesn't seem to be much better in that department.  I think there ought to be a rule that we get at least a day or two each month between October and March to just hibernate.

Update on Tori,  after resting for the day at home with Dennis,  she was still incredibly tired last night even though she slept till 1 in the afternoon.  Still itchy a bit too. In case you ever wondered about oatmeal baths they really work.  She asked to take one again before bed last night.  Gabs suggested that she should add some syrup to her bath as well so at least it would taste good too.

Gabs herself isn't feeling great either I think.  She's going through a growth spurt of late and has joint pain.  It's funny but I don't remember having many "growing pains" as a kid, at least physical ones...Granted there were those middle school years of mental anguish lol.

Anyhow it's still dark outside and I would love to go back to bed but school and work are waiting.  Time to roll everyone out of bed. Hope everyone has a happy although somewhat dark and rainy day I think.

I'll leave you with this photo of the girls enjoying the large quantities of bubble wrap from the new tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment