Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cluck Mahal

It took some doing but last we moved 28 hens and a rooster to the new Cluck Mahal.  Three roosters will remain in the old chicken cabin until we can find them new homes.I have to say that the video really made the process look more streamlined than it really was.

The chickens wanted nothing to do with the move.  My words of, "oh this will be easy, " had to be eaten.  I have to be honest and say that while I assisted with the herding,  cornering and release process I didn't do so well with the actual capturing part.  Mostly my job was to run them from one side of the fence to a be trapped and captured by Dennis.  I did manage to tote them across the yard to be freed from their trash can jail and set loose in their new fancy home.

I will note that Zeus, our Labrador, wanted nothing to do with the move.  He watched from a safe distance...As did the very unchilvilrous roosters who ran for their lives and left the hens to fend for themselves.  All except the one,  who consequently was chosen to make the move while the other three were left to live alone in the bachelor pad.
Check out the "Cluck Mahal "!

No comments:

Post a Comment