Friday, November 20, 2015

Burning Skies

Weird poem to go with a story I've been writing in my head for a long time.  Funny how everyday things bring words. A little sing songy but it fits the sentiment of the character I'm working on.  Still trying to decide if it will be a happy or sad ending. I guess art really does imitate life, lol.

-Burning Skies-

"Nature's first green is gold"
yet whispers of evening hold hues
so bold.
Skies afire,
branches above,
wish I could navigate it all,
could understand love.
I stare at sunsets,
at the sunrise too,
try to juggle the world between,
against the pull of the moon.
I tap out words,
in the still of the night,
then I crawl back to bed,
try to forget my plight.
I can juggle heartache,
balance bittersweet
and pain
I just don't know how long I'll keep                  these words in refrain.                                     Tippy toe, tippy toe,                                             tight wire walk.                                                   How many more times                                            till people start to talk? 

I am not oblivious,
I can see all around,
my sky is still burning...
but I can't be seen
as the clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment