Thursday, November 19, 2015

Bedtime Rituals

Brush your teeth girls. Five minutes later...I said brush your teeth! Another five... Both of you!  Yes you have to brush them EVERY DAY!

Get in bed.  Say prayers.  Pray for everyone on earth and every little thing and all our family and friends and did you know that (insert name) did this today at school and (insert name) said this.  This for another ten minutes.

Hugs and kisses.  You didn't hug me. Yes I did.  No you didn't.  Hug again.  She got two hugs. No she didn't.  More hugs.

Sing a song.  I will sing only one!

Three songs later....

Good night girls!  Love you too big!  Love you too big too!

Back in the living room, before our butt touches the couch, they have followed right behind us and are up again.

Girls!  Go to bed!

I need a drink. I have a headache.  My foot hurts.  What am I wearing tomorrow? I need something red to wear.

Back to bed. Talking.  More talking.  One then both back out of bed.

GET IN BED NOW!

Okay,  okay you don't have to yell.
Yes I do.

Back in bed. Talking starts to dwindle.
Finally asleep.

An hour or so later.

Check the doors.  Check the lights.  Take turns in the one (sigh) bathroom. 

Check the girls.  Cover up Gabs. Unfold Tori from her contortionist sleep.

Lights out.  Groan into bed.

Brain back on for long enough to annoy Dennis and help me remember everything I need to do tomorrow,  should have done today and might possibly have done wrong in life in general. Yawning.  Kiss good night. Blink. Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment